My nutrition professor turned me onto the Vegan Zombie YouTube page, his videos aren’t just some boring person, showing you how they prepare their meals. It’s actually enjoyable, and fun to watch. He should definitely have his own TV Show premier right before The Walking Dead!
This specific cooking episode caught my attention, because when I was heavier, and had bad eating habits, a long time ago, my go-to breakfast was always a McDonald’s Sausage Egg McMuffin. It even got to the point where I was ordering two at a time. It was bad. But, I’m in a much better place now and I’m so commited and motivated to inspire my friends, family, and others to make better eating habits with these easy, affordable recipes. So I hope you’re enjoying them, as much as I’m enjoying posting them!
- Organic 1lb. Super Firm Tofu (circle cookie cutter)
- Gimme Lean Ground Sausage
- Daiya Cheddar/Mozzarella Shreds
- Whole Wheat Pitettes Pita Bread (Sprouts, or any type of whole wheat english muffin type bread)
- 1/2 cup nutrition yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic/onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
– Heat your pan on medium-high, circle cut your tofu & slice (that circle block yields 3-4 tofu patties).
– Toast Pita Bread for 3-5 minutes in the oven on 350F (or toaster).
– Whisk nutrition yeast, garlic/onion powder, and salt in a bowl and dunk tofu patties in the mixture until fully covered. Then throw it in the pan.
– Cook thoroughly, then cover with the cheddar/mozzarella shred mix.
– Cook until a melted vegan cheese skirt forms.
-Serve hot & enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by one of the Vegan Zombie’s videos on a visit to an amazing restaurant!
Note: I didn’t use any oil in this recipe, instead I mixed a little water with vegetable broth, and here’s why–Is Coconut Oil Good For You?
And the next time I make this recipe, I’m putting lots of kale on it!
Check out my Kale Pizza recipe!