The inspiration for this recipe comes from Oh She Glows: Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies. Wanted to make some cookies for my after lunch dessert tomorrow while I’m studying for upcoming exams.
And they’re just so darn chewy and good!
I changed quite a bit in this recipe, but still came out with the same texture and goodness.
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/4 c. almond milk yogurt (or vegan butter)
- 1/4 c. crunchy peanut butter wit flax/chia seeds
- 3/4 c. date sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 c. gluten free rolled oats (blended into flour)
- 1 c. almonds blended into almond meal (optional; I didn’t do this since my peanut butter was the crunchy kind)
- 1/4 c. cacao nibs
Prep: 15-20 minutes / Cook on 350F for 12-14 minutes
– Mix together flaxseed with 3 tbsp water, set aside for 5 minutes to thicken
– Mix peanut butter & sugar until combined
– Mix in vanilla to the thickened flaxseed
-Mix in everything else one by one: baking soda/powder, peanut butter/sugar mixture, salt, oat flour, and nut meal (if you incorporated that into your ingredients).
– You can add a touch of almond milk to thin it out (I did, but not much, you don’t want it to be a watery consistency).
– Fold in cacao nibs
– Shape into about the size of a ping pong ball
– Place on a pan or cookie sheet, I flattened mine out a bit.
-Bake on 350F for 12-14 minutes
If you want them to be crispier, put them in the freezer! Enjoy!